Saturday, April 10, 2010

Jambo-Rama!!!

CELEBRATING 100 YEARS OF SCOUTING. What better way to celebrate than with a party...a Scouting party that is. Today we went to Jamb-O-Rama which had Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts, and Venturers who came from all over the State of Arizona to celebrate Scouting’s Traditions, Legacy, and Future at the 2010 Grand Canyon Council Jamb-O-Rama held at Tumbleweed Park!


So almost every Troop had set up different booths where the boys got to go and try, make and do new things, like shooting cork guns, making sword and walking sticks for hiking. There was on booth where they were even making slim.
Kevin and I both were recently called to Cub Scouts, Kevin as the Cub Master and I was called as the Cub Committee Chairman. Going to these different booths gave us some really great ides for future Pack meetings!

Here Andrew and Hunter were racing boats in rain gutters, it was such a cute idea the boys had to use straws to blow their boats to the finish line!

No surprise Parker didn't want to do anything but you can see him helping Hunter blow his boat!

Andrew and Hunter walking a crossed a rope bridge made out of logs and rope!


So the Chandler Fire Dept. was there and were letting the kids climb inside the fire truck!
To bad Parker wouldn't go inside!

I'm glad we got to go and participate in the 100 year Celebration of Scouting!

Scouting was incorporated to provide a program to help build effective character, citizenship, self-reliance, courage, and resourcefulness. I love that they encourage personal values based on religious concepts helping the scouts have the desire and skills to help others. And of course they help kids understand the principles of the American social, economic, and governmental systems and become knowledgeable about and take pride in their American heritage and further more understand our nation`s role in the world and giving them the great respect for the basic rights of all people and help prepare them to participate in and give leadership to American society.

As a mother of 3 boys and a Scout leader I look forward to helping my children as well as those children I work with achieve and gain the most they possibly can from the scouting program!

























4 comments:

Grama said...

That really looked like fun! What great pictures! You and Kevin will be such fun leaders for the boys! I just love little Cubbies!

Tera said...

Man, people really put a lot of work into their booths. I loved the rope bridge! I really look forward to when jake starts scouts. But, I hope they don't ever call me to scouts, it sounds like so much work. I'd rather be in young womens or activity days. More up my alley

The Fergy Bunch said...

That's awesome! I still get teary eyed looking at Andrew in his Scout uniform - what a handsome and sweet boy he is. I just love how much Hunter wants to be right there with him. Give them all hugs for me!

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! You guys will make awesome scout leaders!