Friday, January 15, 2016

Blessing of the Scriptures


Sometimes I wonder why I have to raise my kids alone. It's hard and I miss being married and the family life. This quote helps me to remember that the Lord has a plan for me even if I can not see it.  I am reminded of a blessing I received about 15 years ago that said, “If you read the Book of Mormon daily the Lord will bless you and keep you safe.” If I read my scriptures daily the Lord is going to direct my path. Elder Richard G. Scott said, "The scriptures are and excellent source of understanding and strength when pondered with faith in the Savior. They bolster faith in truth. When the truths revealed are applied diligently, they become a vital source of worthy motivation. You will increase your courage to do what is right. Your discipline to adhere to the most important priorities of life will be fortified." While I may believe that some things are good the Lord knows what things are actually better. I need to put my faith and trust in Him and I do my part He most certainly will do His. He told me to read the Book of Mormon daily and He would bless me. I know this to be true and that when I feel I'm being rejected from something good I'm really being blessed and re-directed to something better. Reading the scriptures daily will give me the motivation and courage to continue to go forward knowing that the Lord will bless me, guide me, and not lead me astray. 

No comments: