Sunday, March 13, 2016

Patience

Hebrews 10:36 teaches us that if we are patience we can have the assurance that Heavenly Father will keep His promises to us. As I have gone through some major trials I find myself getting impatient as I want to see the trials come to an end but having patience is a big part of enduring to the end. President Dieter F. Uchtdorf said, “The lessons we learn from patience will cultivate our character, lift our lives, and heighten our happiness.” It seems hard to comprehend that we can be happier if we learn to be patient especially during hardships. The trials that are quick and over within a short amount of time seem easier to handle as opposed to the drawn out trials that seems to have no end in sight. I have learned however that it is during the longer trials my patient is tested which allows for my faith testimony to grow. President Uchtdorf went on to say, “Patience-the ability to put our desires on hold for a time-is a precious and rare virtue. We want we want, and we want it now. Therefore, the very idea of patience may seem unpleasant and, at times, bitter. Nevertheless, without, patience, we cannot please God; we cannot become perfect. Indeed, patience is a purifying process that refines understanding, deepens happiness, focuses action, and offers hope for peace.” The Lord has always told us that He will keep His promises but it is on his time not ours. As I have learned to be more patient in recent trials I have found more things to be grateful for which has brought me the peace and comfort President Uchtdorf mentioned.  I will become a better disciple of Christ as I allow myself the patient needed to grow and reach my potential. 

No comments: