Friday, February 13, 2009

Gram


This picture is of my Grandma, Cathrine Marie Carr, taken in 1942. She was my mom's mother and loved it when we called her Grama. I recently started a family history scrapbook and have been collecting old pictures of my parents and their parents along with my husbands side of the family. I wanted something my kids could look back on and learn about where they came from.
My Grandma was an amazing women and a wonderful cook. I was told that I get my nose from her side of the family. She passed away about 15 years ago and when I was going threw the Temple to receive my own endowments before I got married my mom went threw for my Grandma. Even though it was only in spirit it was truly a special experience to share that day with her.
Well in 2007 my Grandpa passed away, so this last August my family was able to go to the temple and have my Grandparents sealed together and then my mom sealed to her parents. I am truly grateful for the Temples and sealing power to know that I will see her again.


5 comments:

The Fergy Bunch said...

I love that picture of Gram! I didn't know you were doing that! I've been wanting to that for the longest time.

Grama said...

Sweets thoughts about Gram. She loved you dearly.

Anonymous said...

It's so neat to have those kinds of pictures! Good luck with your scrapbooking.

bobbi said...

Thanks for doing the tag. I love the picture! I believe I met her??

Lechelle said...

That scrapbook sounds like such a good idea. And what a lovely connection you have with your grandmother. Thanks for the tag!