Monday, April 13, 2009

Trapped!

So I'm sitting on the couch reading a book after Kevin left for work when I here my kids yelling "help Mommy were trapped." I'm thinking how can they get trapped. Well they were playing in their bedroom and earlier this week the handle on the inside of the door had come off and we hadn't had it fixed yet. Basically they shut the door and had no knob to turn it open they were trapped.

Now as I go to the door and find them trapped I start laughing and telling them I going to leave them in there all day which I really wouldn't but it sure was tempting. They didn't find that a funny as I did. After I rescue them I decided I would show them how to get out if that happened to them again. I shut the door and went to show them how to open it only to find that I really didn't know how to open it and now all four of us are TRAPPED!

I lost it I could not stop laughing at our situation and how stupid I was in getting us all stuck. The only way out was to call Kevin and have him come home and open the door. Good thing I had my cell phone with me. So I call Kevin and I am hysterically laughing that he thought I was crying and couldn't understand what I was trying to tell him so he panicking thinking I probably broke my hand again.

Finally I get composed enough to tell him what happened and that he needs to come home and let us out and then he tells me to just use the knob sitting on their dresser DUD! Of course I start laughing again and Kevin says to me "Your weird" and I said "No I'm just turning into my Mom."
Sorry Mom but we all know you laugh hysterically at the stupidest things!

So anyways if you want to avoid being trapped with your children just don't do what they did to get trapped in the first place.

7 comments:

Tera said...

You are so funny! I wouldn't have been as calm or as silly as you, I'd probably have been yelling out the window! Good job at keeping it light for your kids. They'll learn to laugh at mistakes and misfortune because you taught them not to take it so hard!

The Fergy Bunch said...

Thanks for the laugh! I needed it! LOL =) And I can see it all in my head - but I would have been freaking out! With five kids I don't find much funny these days, I'm to busy trying to keep my sanity! LOL =) Now all you have to do is carry the door knob with you every where you go - think of it as a COWS BELL! LOL =)

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious!! That happen to Tyson and I was gone, he didn't have his cell phone or his keys. I don't remember if he had a screw driver or not, but somehow he managed to take the whole thing off and "free" himself and McKayla. Aren't these houses great?! LOL =)

Grama said...

EXCUUUUUUUSE me!!! Is turning into me such a bad thing??? lol Actually, I was laughing hysterically reading this and really started laughing when you mentioned my name!!! This is a classic...way too funny!

The Borman Family said...

Hey Erin. I think this is the perfect situation for a new sitcom. I can sooo picture you and 3 boys stuck in a room with the out on the dresser! Thanks for sharing I am still giggling!

Lechelle said...

This is really funny.

Rachelle and sometimes Katelyn said...

Loved that, I need a good laugh today. How are you guys doing? We miss you over here. :)